Meet some of the many successful IU13 Adult Education alumni!
- “I didn’t know I was hurting myself,” says Carmen Martinez of dropping out of high school at 16. Read more about Carmen's story and successes here.
- From artist to dishwasher to Certified Nursing Assistant, Benson Myrtil’s varied work experiences have taken him from his Haiti birthplace to Lititz. Read more about Benson's story and successes here.
- Born in a Thailand refugee camp, Sambo Bun relocated to the US in 1985 with her mother, brother, and grandmother. Today, Sambo is a single mom, caregiver for her brother, part-time waitress, and full-time HACC student who has traveled a difficult road. Read more about Sambo's story and successes here.
- Over 20 years had passed since Heather Corch dropped out of high school when she decided to earn her GED. “It had been a thorn in my side for a lot of years. I wanted the GED for my own personal satisfaction.” Read more about Heather's story and successes here.
- Hong Lam would like to send a message to current students in IU 13's Adult Education Program. "Question Yourself. Do you live up to your capabilities? Did you give yourself a chance? Did you try your best? Who do you want to become?" Read more about Hong Lam's story and successes here.
- Read about Juan Vadi. (photo credit: Lancaster Newspapers)