Below are links to several resources for adult learners and employers in Lancaster and Lebanon counties. Please note that these links will take you to other websites, and IU13 is not responsible for their content.
Please sign up for the Adult Basic and Family Literacy Education e-newsletter to receive important announcements and current schedules.
- Pennsylvania CareerLink is the one-stop service for job-seekers. They provide training and resources for job-seekers, and serve as a resource for employers seeking employees. CareerLinks are located in both Lancaster and Lebanon counties.
- Career and Technology Centers: The Lancaster and Lebanon County Career and Technology Centers provide high school and adult students with the skill, knowledge, and understanding necessary to obtain employment, advance in careers, pursue postsecondary education and enrich their lives.
- Chambers of Commerce are comprised of businesses and employees working to improve the quality of life in their service areas.
- Church World Service (CWS) Immigration and Refugee Program (Lancaster, PA) serves the refugee and immigrant communities of Central Pennsylvania. They work hand-in-hand with churches, organizations and individuals to provide help and homes to refugees, and work to build a hospitable community in the United States for uprooted people so that they can fashion a better future.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services of Lancaster County’s mission is to enhance the quality of life and encourage independence for those who are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing.
- Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC): Many students transfer from IU13’s Adult Education program to HACC, which has campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York.
- The Literacy Council of Lancaster-Lebanon: The Literacy Council of Lancaster-Lebanon provides high quality basic education and career pathways instruction to adults in Lancaster and Lebanon Counties. Their mission is to promote literacy and help adults reach their reading, writing, math and English communication goals through personalized instruction.
- PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR): The Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, or OVR, provides vocational rehabilitation services to help persons with disabilities prepare for, obtain, or maintain employment.
- PBS Literacy Link: This website helps adults build the basic skills for lifelong learning. Topics include GED Connections, Pre-GED Connections, and Workplace Essentials.
- The Spanish American Civic Association (SACA)’s mission is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well-being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): The TOEFL test is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 8,500 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries.
- IU13's professional English teachers can help you improve your score. Visit IU13’s Knowledge4Solutions web site to watch a free PowerPoint that describes the test. You will also have the option to purchase evaluative feedback of your speaking and writing skills from an instructor.
- The Pennsylvania Workforce Investment Board (PA WIB) is the Governor's principal private-sector policy advisor on building a strong workforce development system aligned with state education policies and economic development goals. Its members are appointed by the governor and represent a cross-section of business executives, labor officials, education leaders, economic development practitioners and local elected officials. The South Central WIB covers Dauphin, Juniata, Perry, Franklin, Lebanon, Adams, York, and Cumberland counties. The Lancaster WIB provides services in one county.
- Vision Corps has a mission of empowering individuals with vision loss to attain independence. They serve 2,000 individuals who are blind or vision impaired through rehabilitation services.