Preparing Lebanon Youth for Career Success
Are you ready for your future?
The employment and training programs offer youth in Lebanon County an opportunity to learn, grow and establish a career path. The goal of this program is to provide education, training, and skill development so that your employment goals can be reached.
How can we help you?
Are you 14-18 years old and in school?
We’ll help you develop important job skills, receive on-the-job support, and get real work experience – that’s paid! Our 5-6 week summer work program and weeklong summer camps at Harrisburg University will set you on the path to success.
Are you 16-24 years old and out of school?
We’re here to support you as you set and achieve your career goals. Paid internships, help finding a job, and support with what you need to succeed at work are all part of our range of services and supports tailored to your needs. Plus, we partner with many Lebanon businesses, school districts, and colleges to help you on your way to career success!
What happens at your appointments?
Here’s what to bring:
- Driver’s License or State ID
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or Drop-out Letter (for out-of-school youth/young adults only)
- School ID (for in-school youth only)
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Last 6 months of paystubs
- TANF/SNAP Printout if you receive cash or foodstamp assistance
Here’s what you’ll do at your intake appointment:
- You will complete your intake paperwork, which takes about 30 minutes. Then you will take the TABE assessment (for out-of-school youth/young adults only) to assess your reading and math levels. This can take approximately three to four hours. Next you’ll complete the CareerScope to help identify your skills and interests, which takes about 45 minutes. Lastly, you will work with the Youth Facilitator to develop an Individual Service Strategy for your educational and employment goals.
Questions or not sure if this is for you?
For more information:
- If you are under 18, please ask your school counselor for more information or ask your parent to complete the form below.
- If you are 18 or over, please submit the form below for more information.