STEM Student Activities
24 Math is a unique mathematics teaching tool designed to sharpen students’ mental math, number sense, critical thinking, problem solving, and pattern sensing. Offered in a tournament-style competition, students compete using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division to develop solutions to problems that equal 24. This fast, fun, exciting math game is designed for students in Grades 4-8.
- Grade 4 & 5 Tournament Dates: Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- Grade 6, 7 & 8 Tournament Dates: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Grades 4 & 5
Grades 6, 7, & 8
- More information to come Fall 2018
- This event take place in the IU13 Conference Center.
- Email: 24 Math
- Call: 717-606-1685
IU13 STEM Consortium Student Competition
- Event Flyer
- Team Registration - Tuesday, September 4 – Friday, November 2, 2018
- Submissions - Friday, January 11, 2019
- Email: IU13 STEM Consortium Student Competition
Lancaster-Lebanon Elementary STEM Bowl
A Quiz Bowl style competition comprised of six 20-minute matches in which each team of four students will compete against another team to answer a series of toss-up questions and bonus questions, and
Hands-on design and problem-solving activities presented by the IU13 STEM Team.
- Mini-STEM Bowl (Grade 3) Flyer- Monday, February 25, 2019
Elementary STEM Bowl (Grades 4-5) Flyer - Thursday, March 7, 2019
Team registration - Registration opens January 3 and closes January 25, 2019
Inclement Weather date - Thursday, March 28, 2019 – Grade level (TBD as needed)
- These events take place in the IU13 Conference Center.
- Email: IU13 Elementary STEM Bowl
- Call: 717-606-1809
Sea, Air and Land Competition
- Competition date: Wednesday, April 24, 2018
- Weather Makeup date: Tuesday, April 30, 2018
- Flyer: SEA, AIR and LAND Competition
- To Register: Sea, Air, and Land Registration
- Website: seaairland.psu.edu