Did You Know?
- Fifteen years ago the incidence rate for autism was 1 in 5000.
- The Center for Disease Control’s most recent incidence report released in April 2013 cites that 1 in 88 children are on the Autism Spectrum.
Children with ASDs often exhibit significant behavioral challenges (physical aggression, tantrums, self-injury) which require professional consultation.
Parenting a child on the spectrum can be extremely difficult, leading to chronic stress and frustration which can be addressed via family therapy services.
The waiting list for other local agencies providing services such as diagnostic evaluation, therapy, and behavioral consultation to individuals ASDs can be up to 1 1/2 years, which can be extremely difficult for families.
Please note that these links will take you to other websites. IU13 and Autism Solutions are not responsible for the content of these sites.
- Autism Speaks: autismspeaks.org
- Autism Society of America: autism-society.org
- National Institute of Health: ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/autism.htm