Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 (IU13) is an education service agency dedicated to delivering services to school districts and communities across the state.
IU13 is a leader in recognizing the needs of schools and implementing programs to meet those needs, with a core compelling purpose of improving student learning.
IU13 serves the 22 public school districts in Lancaster and Lebanon counties, as well as students in nonpublic schools, preschoolers, and adult learners throughout Pennsylvania.
IU13 also administers the Harrisburg location of the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN). PaTTAN, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, works in partnership with families and education agencies to support programs and services to improve student learning and achievement.
IU13 Board of Directors
IU13 is governed by a 22-member Board of Directors. Each public school district in Lancaster and Lebanon counties selects one of their board members to sit on the IU13 board.
IU13 Leadership Team
The Leadership Team serves as the executive cabinet of IU13, offering vision and direction to the organization. The team is comprised of the Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer/Assistant to the Executive Director, four Department Directors, and the Director of the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network-Harrisburg.
IU13 is an education service agency dedicated to delivering irresistible services and programs to our school districts and communities across the state.
Lancaster-Lebanon IU13 will be recognized as the leader among educational service agencies by providing services and essential products to our school districts, businesses, and community partners to increase student learning. IU13 will:
- Respond to the needs of our partners,
- Maintain a strong financial position,
- Provide enhanced services to our member school districts, and
- Increase our sphere of influence among local, state, and national partners.
- In being responsive to clients’ needs.
- That employees are its greatest assets.
- In the benefits of collaboration and partnerships.
- Service to education merits the highest degree of honesty, integrity, and quality.
- Change is integral to the effective leadership and development of the organization.
- Its employees make a positive difference to education.
- Priority 1 – Nurture relationships through our commitment to service
- Priority 2 – Maintain a strong financial position
- Priority 3 – Enhance the lives of students and educators in Lancaster and Lebanon counties and beyond
- Priority 4 – Cultivate a culture of innovation that responds to district needs and market trends
- Priority 5 – Build a talented, service-oriented team
- Priority 6 – Encourage the well-being and success of every employee