Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 (IU13) is an education service agency dedicated to delivering services to school districts and communities across the state.
IU13 is a leader in recognizing the needs of schools and implementing programs to meet those needs, with a core compelling purpose of improving student learning.
IU13 serves the 22 public school districts in Lancaster and Lebanon counties, as well as students in nonpublic schools, preschoolers, and adult learners throughout Pennsylvania.
IU13 also administers the Harrisburg location of the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN). PaTTAN, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, works in partnership with families and education agencies to support programs and services to improve student learning and achievement.
IU13 Board of Directors
IU13 is governed by a 22-member Board of Directors. Each public school district in Lancaster and Lebanon counties selects one of their board members to sit on the IU13 board.
IU13 Leadership Team
The Leadership Team serves as the executive cabinet of IU13, offering vision and direction to the organization. The team is comprised of the Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Assistant to the Executive Director/Chief Financial Officer, Assistant to the Executive Director/Chief Operations Officer, Early Childhood and Special Education Services Director, Instructional Services Director, Technology Services Director, and the Director of the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network-Harrisburg.
Provide services, supports, and solutions that make a difference to all learners and our community.
Creating and sustaining a kind, innovative culture that inspires really passionate and curious people of character, working together and making a difference through our call to “Work Worth Doing.”
Keys to Our Culture
We believe in one another and appreciate others for their efforts. We respect and accept our differences.
- We say “Thank You” every chance we get.
We believe two heads are better than one and that our best work occurs when we can tap into the diverse skills and talents of our team members.
- We collaborate every chance we get.
We believe that we have a responsibility to be good stewards of the funds and resources entrusted to our programs.
- We make thoughtful decisions about resource allocation every day.
We have a culture where mistakes are expected, respected, inspected, and corrected. We believe that mistakes are a necessary part of learning and successful innovation. We are not afraid to take ownership of our actions and are vulnerable in the exploration of solutions.
- We fix the problem, not affix the blame, every chance we get.
We believe in being supportive of and encouraging to those who might be struggling or need help. “[We’ve] learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – M. Angelou
- We offer a kind word and a helping hand every chance we get.
We see opportunities in every difficulty. We are innovation-friendly by providing our staff with opportunities to explore and play with new ideas and ways of doing things in an environment that is safe and supportive. We understand that cultivating intrapreneurship to solve tomorrow’s problems will ensure our future.
- We acknowledge and reward innovation every chance we get.
We believe that our work requires us to be the best we can be. We value ingenuity, curiosity, and lifelong learning, and are intentional about providing opportunities for focused professional development and authentic work experiences.
- We invest in building capacity and continuous improvement every day.
Relentless pursuit of excellence
We believe in being better tomorrow than we are today. We understand that “excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” – Aristotle
- We strive to make intentional, well-informed, intelligent choices every day.
We believe in the work we do and that our work matters. We agree that “far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – T. Roosevelt
- We work hard to make a difference in the lives of others every day.
- Priority 1 – Nurture relationships through our commitment to service
- Priority 2 – Maintain a strong financial position
- Priority 3 – Enhance the lives of students and educators in Lancaster and Lebanon counties and beyond
- Priority 4 – Cultivate a culture of innovation that responds to district needs and market trends
- Priority 5 – Build a talented, service-oriented team
- Priority 6 – Encourage the well-being and success of every employee