Consortium & Services
STEM Consortium Membership
Through membership in the IU13 STEM Consortium, supervisors, department chairs, and teacher leaders have an opportunity to stay informed of the most current STEM-related information from PDE and national organizations, engage in collaborative professional learning and networking, and build their own capacity to lead. In addition, IU13 STEM Consortium members receive discounts on workshop registrations and STEM-related products.
- View/Download the STEM Consortium Membership packet.
Technical Assistance and Consultation Services
The STEM Team at IU13 is available to provide a number of services and on-site support to schools. Our staff includes experienced and award-winning educators who have served in teaching and administrative roles at the school district level and providing support to PDE for a wide variety of state initiatives. The team’s K-12 STEM experience includes: early childhood education, elementary education, secondary science, secondary mathematics, technology and engineering education, and school district supervision. Because of this wide range of expertise, IU13 is uniquely suited to provide the following services:
- Curriculum and instruction audit (STEM, Math, Science, and/or Technology Education)
- Curriculum alignment and development to standards and district priorities
- Common assessment alignment and development
- Customized technical assistance and on-site support based upon a school or district’s needs
A number of programs are offered by the STEM Team to enhance the core instructional services at IU13. This includes partnerships with other organizations and grant-funded opportunities. The following are examples of the current offerings:
- PULSE – a Math/Science Partnership (MSP) grant from the US Department of Education, administered by the PDE, which supports a 3-year professional development program for secondary math and science teachers. Click here for more information on PULSE.
- STEMathon – a statewide STEM education conference that is held in Central PA during the summer.
- STEM Student Activities - IU13 offers a number of STEM-related programs for students including 24 Math, AP Calculus and Statistics Simulations, and the IU13 STEM Consortium Student Competition.
Marketplace Products and Services
The STEM Team at IU13 has a number of high-quality educational products, resources, and professional development opportunities available for STEM education professionals and schools. The following are a few of the products and services that are available:
- Math, Science, and STEM professional development opportunities at the Conference and Training Center at IU13. Click here to access specific event information and registration.
- Customized on-site professional development based upon a school's needs.
- On-site instructional coaching and professional learning community facilitation.
- IU13 is the PA-authorized provider of Engineering by Design professional development for elementary teachers and technology/engineering education teachers in South Central PA.