Meet some of the many successful IU13 Community Education alumni!
Meet Zach – “The IU13 staff I worked with along the way have been greatly helpful and supportive of me from start to finish.”
- After college, Zach wanted to do more for his church and community. Read more about Zach here.
Meet Watum – “After learning English and getting his diploma, my life has drastically changed.”
- After immigrating from Africa, he pursued education to help support his family. Read more about Watum here.
Meet Elizabeth – “Hard work pays off.”
- After dropping out of high school to raise her baby, she struggled to find a job that didn’t require a GED. Read more about Elizabeth here.
Meet Yomarys – “Summer youth internship opens minds and doors to career options”
- When Yomarys Brens signed up to participate in an IU13 summer internship, she had no idea that it would lead her to a career in the field of elder care. Read more about Yomarys here.
Meet Thanamas – “…so keep fighting, you can do it!”
- In less than a year–and during a pandemic–she passed all her GED tests. Read about Thanamas here.
Meet Jose – “I can’t believe all of these things are happening to me!”
- His gentle disposition, positive attitude, dedication, and perseverance contributed to his ultimate success. Read about Jose here.
Meet Binit – “Improving English language skills and making friends”
- Since arriving as a refugee in 2014, Binit has participated in English conversation classes, after-school activities, and a summer educational program. Read more about Binit here.
Meet Jose – “It was worth the effort, worth the push.”
- Since he passed the GED exams, Jose Santiago has found a higher-paying job, started college coursework, and acquired an unshakeable sense of accomplishment. Read more about Jose here.
Meet Juan – “Facing a drop-dead deadline, GED student beats the odds.”
- Read about Juan Vadi. (photo credit: Lancaster Newspapers)