Gifted Network and Gifted Workshops for Educators
The Gifted Network was created as a professional learning community for teachers and supervisors of gifted students. IU13 formed this network specifically for the 22 school districts and other nonpublic institutions in Lancaster and Lebanon counties, but districts outside IU13 are also welcome to participate as members.
Each year, IU13 organizes at least four network meetings. Each meeting addresses topics relevant to gifted education and also provides a forum for discussion about current issues in gifted education at the classroom, building and district levels. Networking with others in the field of gifted education is an integral part of each meeting and allows for collaboration between participants. Online learning platforms developed for the network also foster communication and resource sharing across districts.
Gifted Network membership and meetings support Chapter 16 requirements for professional development in the area of gifted education. Regular education teachers are always welcome. PDE emphasizes the importance of collaboration between gifted support and regular education teachers in meeting the individual needs of gifted students.
Gifted Network Meetings and Gifted Education Workshops
Gifted Network Meeting Information:
- A two-part virtual gifted education workshop is scheduled for Thursday, Sept 23 and Tuesday, Dec 14 for gifted support teachers in PA, focusing on Chapter 16 requirements. View/Download workshop and registration details here.
- Gifted Network Membership Form – IU13 District
- Gifted Network Membership Form (Nonpublic) – Nonpublic School Membership
- Gifted Network Membership Form (Out-of-IU13) – District Membership
- Gifted Network Individual Membership Form – Personal Membership
- Gifted Network Year in Review 2020-21
- Gifted Network Participants
- Gifted Network Calendar