Micro-Scholarships to Earn Industry-Recognized Credentials
IU13 Industry Credentialing Opportunities
As part of the IU13 Micro-Scholarships for Industry-Recognized Credentials, Lancaster-Lebanon IU13 is extending an exciting opportunity to students currently enrolled in grades 9-12 within public schools in both Lancaster and Lebanon Counties. This unique initiative aims to equip students with the ability to receive certification in one of three popular industry-recognized credentials.
Calling all Career Readiness Points-of-Contact!
Join us for an informative webinar on December 1 at 10 a.m., where we’ll discuss the exciting 2024 industry-recognized certification offerings, available at locations in both Lancaster and Lebanon Counties. We’ll also unveil the details of our spring Microscholarships for Industry-Recognized Credentials.
Don’t miss this opportunity to stay updated and help your students thrive in their educational and career journeys. Can’t make the December 1 webinar? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the recording.
Micro-Scholarships for Industry Recognized Credentials
IU13 is pleased to announce Micro-Scholarships for Industry-Recognized Credentials! This micro-scholarship opportunity was made possible through a grant from the Arconic Foundation. High school students who want to pursue industry-recognized credentials to prepare for future careers are encouraged to apply!
Congratulations to all recipients of the Spring 2023 Micro-scholarships! IU13 awarded $13,000 in micro-scholarships to 41 students from 10 school districts in Lancaster and Lebanon counties in the 2022-23 school year.
The Spring 2023 Micro-scholarship Application is now closed. Information about Spring 2024 Micro-scholarships will be available soon.
- The applicant must be enrolled in one of the 22 public high schools within the IU13 region (Lancaster County and Lebanon County).
- The applicant is pursuing a valid industry-recognized credential that is aligned to his/her career plan. (You can find a Industry-Recognized Certification flyer or a larger web-based list provided by the PA Department of Education here. These provide examples; applicants are not limited to these lists.)
- The applicant demonstrates financial need. Financial need can be based on, but is not limited to, the following:
- Qualification for free/reduced lunch
- Experiencing homelessness
- Student is a foster child
- Unusual personal or family circumstance
- Recent family financial change (e.g., loss of family income)
- Personal or family circumstances that prohibit the student/family from funding the industry-recognized credential
- The costs associated with earning the industry-recognized credential are the student’s responsibility, and this credential is not already funded by a program offered by the school district, Career and Technology Center (CTC), or IU13 program.
- Students enrolled in IU13 programs are eligible to apply.
- The maximum award for each micro-scholarship is $500.
- Awards may be used to pay for course fees, testing fees, books/materials, equipment, or dress/attire.
- Awards will be made on a rolling basis throughout the application window until all funds have been disbursed. Therefore, it is advantageous to apply early.
- Once a micro-scholarship is awarded, the student is encouraged to complete the related training and earn the credential within 12 months.
- Micro-scholarship awards from IU13 will be issued to the student’s home IU13 member school district. School districts will issue the micro-scholarship funds directly to the student(s).
- Awards will be evaluated based on:
- The alignment of the desired credential to the applicant’s future career goals.
- The statement of financial need.
Please contact Stephanie Fyock (717-606-1809) or email@example.com with any questions.
Nondiscrimination Policy: Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 is an equal opportunity education institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, ethnicity, national origin or age.